South Carolina Association For Middle Level Education »
The Board of Directors of the South Carolina Association for Middle Level Education approved its strategic plan for 2021-2024. The plan will guide the actions and work of the association over the coming years. To access the plan, please click below.
History of SC-AMLE
Vision of SC-AMLE
The vision of the South Carolina Association for Middle-Level Education guides and drives the goals and plans for the organization. The vision has been carefully crafted to best
explain the goals of the organization.
To serve as an advocate and a network of support for middle-level educators to meet the needs of young adolescent learners.
• The adolescent years are developmentally critical.
• All adolescents must have access to experiences that are academically, socially,
developmentally, culturally, and emotionally relevant.
• All adolescents must have access to high-quality instruction to prepare them for
college and careers.
• That all middle-level educators in South Carolina should be respected as
• The middle-level principles are successful and must be preserved.
• All middle-level educators must have access to collaborative and meaningful
professional learning opportunities.
Strategic Plan for SC-AMLE
During the summer of 2021, board members of SC-AMLE worked to craft a comprehensive strategic plan for the organization. Primary services and initiatives were determined based on the jointly created belief statements/ideals listed above. The activities and services are designed to encourage the growth of the organization along with expanded opportunities for members.
Members of the Board of Directors for SC-AMLE have crafted a plan to reach and maintain a strong vision and mission. Each member has provided leadership in creating this strategic plan.
To honor the unique growth and on-going education needs of middle-level educators, the goal of SC-AMLE is to provide high-quality experiences for middle-level educators.
1. Increase availability and accessibility of professional learning opportunities.
2. Deliver engaging, current, and relevant professional learning opportunities.
3. Increase the community of learning of middle-level educators across South
|Develop and maintain a website of high-quality materials and resources.||Webmaster SC-POMLE Member Schools Board Members Executive Director||Benchmark Year 2021 Updated Annually|
|Conduct a survey of members needs to inform an annual comprehensive professional learning plan.||Regional Directors||Survey Implementation early fall 2021 Conduct Annually|
|Develop and implement an annual professional learning plan.||Professional Development Chairperson Executive Director Board Members||Benchmark 2021 Updated Annually|
|Provide a strong annual conference to disseminate best practices and to allow for networking opportunities for teachers.||Executive Director Board Members Conference Committee||Annually|
|Provide regional opportunities for professional learning and/or networking.||Regional Directors||Annually|
|Establish a set of consulting and ongoing support offerings from SCAMLE.||Executive Director Board Members||2018 initial setup Ongoing|
The goal of SC-AMLE is to ensure unique opportunities for middle-level educators so that
they may better meet the needs of their students.
1. Create a professional learning community specific to middle-level education.
2. Connect middle-level educators with ongoing support.
3. Provide high-quality resources to members of SC-AMLE.
|Maintain a set of member only benefits accessible to the membership through a password protected portal on the website.||Board Members Executive Director Webmaster||Updated annually|
|Increase membership annually through stronger marketing and promotion to non-member schools.||Executive Director Board Members Regional Directors||2019 benchmark 10% over three years Review Annually|
|Expand membership to collegiate students and develop relationships with CAMLE affiliates across the state.||Regional Directors Executive Director||Ongoing|
|Review analytics for social media, use tools to gather and distribute information, survey through social media, etc||Executive Director Webmaster||Ongoing|
The goal of SC-AMLE is to advocate on behalf of young adolescents and middle level
educators to ensure success for all students.
1. Increase awareness of issues related to middle-level education in South Carolina.
2. Inform stakeholders of policy issues and resources to enhance middle-level
3. Advance opportunities to engage in partnerships at the school, district, state, and
4. Provide support to interested stakeholders regarding middle-level education.
|Invite key legislators and policy makers to functions sponsored by the SCAMLE||Executive Director Advocacy Committee Regional Directors Executive Board||Annually|
|Partner with the National Forum to Accelerate Middle Grades Reform||Executive Director Executive Board||Annually|
|Partner with other Middle Level Education groups; AMLE, PoMLE, SCASA, etc.||Executive Director Executive Board||Annually|
|Develop a set of materials to be used to advocate vision, beliefs, work of SCAMLE||Executive Director Executive Board||Develop 2022 Distribute 2023|
The goal of SC-AMLE is to provide strong high quality communication about middle level
education by connecting all stakeholders to exchange knowledge.
1. Increase the digital footprint of SCAMLE on a variety of social media.
2. Communicate the principles of middle-level education often through a variety of
3. Disseminate information about happenings in middle-level education and schools
across the state.
4. Create opportunities for two-way communication among stakeholders.
|Develop a comprehensive communications plan||Executive Director Executive Board||Annually|
|Develop and maintain a current, well supported website||Webmaster Executive Director Executive Board||Monthly|
|Utilize print and online opportunities to provide resources for middle level educators||Webmaster Executive Director Executive Board||Annually|
|Maintain a member resource center on the website||Webmaster Executive Director Executive Board||Monthly|
|Integrate social media opportunities such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. to share information and ideas||Webmaster Executive Director Board||Monthly|
|Develop a membership branding plan||Executive Director Executive Board||2022|